Sharing ideas on Education, Leadership and Life



Friday, January 30, 2015

GRIT


picture: salestrainingconnection.com

Today's Teach Thought prompt is: "Is Grit a valid noun"


To be honest I am not sure what the question or prompt means.


When I did a google search for GRIT here is what I got:

grit
ɡrit/
noun
  1. 1
    small, loose particles of stone or sand.
    "she had a bit of grit in her eye"
    synonyms:sanddustdirtMore
  2. 2
    courage and resolve; strength of character.
    "he displayed the true grit of the navy pilot"  (I edited the list of synonyms)
    synonyms:couragebravery,backbonespirit,
    strength of character, 
    strength of will, moral fiber,
    steelnervefortitude, toughness,
    resolveresolution,
     determinationtenacity,
    perseveranceendurance  




So to be honest I think we as educators, parents and just concerned citizens would we want the future generation to have a strong moral fiber, strength of character, perseverance, as well as courage and the other definitions.

To me the better question would be how can we instill "GRIT" and its expanded definition into our students.
Some food for thought as we end this challenge

Please share your comments and thoughts.

I am not sure with the Sabbath if I will have a chance to blog tomorrow but I wanted to thank the people at TeachThought for a great challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment