Sharing ideas on Education, Leadership and Life



Sunday, December 5, 2010

Empowering Words





picture from E4educators.org

Yesterday @amadacdykes blogged about “Empowering” and asked what is your empowering word. This got me thinking. What would I answer .Well my first step was to get a definition for the word empowering.
I found two:

1. Give authority to someone

2. To give somebody a greater sense of confidence or self esteem



Based on these two definitions it is clear to me that we as educators must be able to answer @amadacdykes question with regard to our students.



I am not sure if I have one but here are a few that come to mind based on these definitions



Lifelong learning
Accomplishment
Choices- Control over his/her learning
Self- Confidence
Pride
Caring


These are my “Empowering” words when it comes to my students



Thank you to @amadacdykes for the inspiration for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment