Sharing ideas on Education, Leadership and Life



Sunday, July 15, 2012

TRANSITION= T*T

picture: www.tuesdaystrong.com

As I mentioned in a previous post I wanted to write a post about my Transition into my new position.
I think the answer is very simple. Transition is equal to T squared. For Transition to be successful there needs to be Transparency ( openness) and Trust.

I have tried to create this culture through leading by example. By no means am I perfect and I am sure as my journey continues I will make mistakes but here are the steps I have taken to help build Trust and Transparency and therefore have an easier/ smoother Transition

1. Send out weekly update emails to the faculty letting them know what I have been up to and how plans for the new school year are proceeding.

2 Created a Faculty blog  to share ideas and encourage open lines of communication ocafacultyfocus.blogspot.com

3 Encourage discussion by posting questions on  Google docs  https://docs.google.com/a/ohrchadashbaltimore.org/document/d/1LVqB23e0t49LCAKDLpRNdcJN47e37ouSsCi5rIKhGWw/edit?pli=1

https://docs.google.com/a/ohrchadashbaltimore.org/document/d/1T_WDuFeI_AsWgQDg8DB7oG00bQMWUh9jqbYQfem0RoI/edit

4 Set up face to face meetings with Faculty

I am sure there are other things that can or should be done but for now I have taken these small steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment