Sharing ideas on Education, Leadership and Life



Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Half Down and Half To Go

Picture: www.thethingswesay.com

Yesterday, someone posted on Facebook that we are at the  half way point of 2014. Half of the year is behind us and yet we still have half a year to go. What are we going to do with the second half of 2014. Are we going to stay the course or maybe this is a good opportunity to change course. For me, I need to change course. My time frame dates back almost exactly to last year when in August of 2013 I resigned from my last position as Head of School. The last year so far  has been a journey with many ups and downs and while I try to stay positive the reality has been less than positive as evident from my lack of blogging over the last six months.
Below is a post I wrote in January of 2014  and now I would like to revisit it at this mid way point of the year .

It has been a while since I posted something on my blog. The last few months have been difficult for me and my family and I didn't have the drive and honestly desire to blog. I got into a rut and was (truthful still am) feeling a bit sorry for myself. I have looked on websites, sent out tweets, made proposal submitted resumes and I still find myself without a job.
Perhaps finally writing about it will give me the energy to move forward and start looking towards the future. I know G-D has a plan and that I didn't devote my life to education (mainly Jewish Education) to stop now.
I have created a short check list to help me and maybe others move forward during this difficult time. I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas as well.

Short Term

Do something productive/ constructive daily
Share thoughts and ideas, at least 3 times week via blog, twitter, Facebook etc.
Keep up on the latest ideas in Education by reading blogs, books and tweets each day
Continue looking for a  job and promoting my own consulting business and website at www.star-educational-consulting.com
A bit harder 
Stay positive and focus on the future not the past

Long term goal 
Come with an idea and start writing a book of my own

There is no silver bullet and I know this is all easier said than done, but I am hoping as we enter 2014 I too can now look forward to a brighter and better future. 

I would like to thank my family and friends, which includes my PLN for their  constant support and help 

Here's to a brighter and better future 

Many of the feelings expressed are still true and present. I ask myself if  I didn't accomplish  my short term goals in January and things are still the same what is going to help me accomplish the now?

I don't have an easy answer and would ask my friends to comment help.
Here what I do know though 

  • I am more committed to helping other educators and sharing my ideas. 
  • I am committed to think out of the box with innovative and creative ideas
  • I am committed to changing my outlook and I will find a job
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I AM COMMITTED TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY

To be a good educator, leader,family member and friend you need to make connections and develop relationships. For me that means onlinee and virtual connections which I hope to one day make personal and face to face.  
So if I message you on one of the many social media outlets out there I am not trying to be a pest or a nudge just trying to develop and enhance our connection.I promise to be more positive in our conversations as well. 

I look forward to connecting with all of you 

BE WELL 
Akevy 

No comments:

Post a Comment