Sharing ideas on Education, Leadership and Life



Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Building a Community

Picture: aspenpitkin.com


THIS POST IS NOT PART OF THE TEACHTHOUGHT BLOG CHALLENGE BUT RATHER A QUESTION / IDEA I WOULD LIKE TO POSE 

In recent posts I have talk about the importance of being a connected education and developing a PLN. I have also written about the importance of digital learning and being involved on Twitter,  in Twitter chats and on Facebook groups. 

My question is does that create a community? and How do you define a community?

As A follow up if people are connected through Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus just to name a few is there still a need or a benefit to Wiki spaces and Ning sites.

What do those sites offer more than the others?

I would argue that since people are on Twitter and Facebook already isn't it easy to create our "community" there than asking people to post and open another page or site.

I would like your feedback and comments since I am questioning the need for Ning sites and Wiki given the number of Twitter chats and specifically focused Facebook groups.

Please share your thoughts and ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment