Sharing ideas on Education, Leadership and Life



Saturday, January 3, 2015

LOOKING UP - STAYING POSITIVE

picture: www.quotepix.com

Today's Prompt for the TeachThought blog challenge is areas for improvement or growth.

For me the one area that I need to work on is staying positive and looking up and not getting down about my current situation and not dragging my friends down with me.

I want to publicly thank Amanda Countryman Dykes for her #365suucess challenge, which is "forcing" me in a good way to reflect on the success and not focus on all the challenges.

For many this coming week brings a new focus and new  excitement and a "NEW YEAR" with resolutions and commitments.

For Jews this is a "second new year", since for us the time of introspection and resolutions comes with the High Holidays.
I want to share with you a post I wrote recently prior to Yom Kippur the holiest day on Jewish Calendar.

It has been a while since I blogged. One reason is that while I have had a lot on my mind and a lot to blog about I wasn't able to put into words. I sit here hours before the holiest day on the Jewish Calendar Yom Kippur, The day of Atonement.
There is a lot I could say and a lot I can reflect on over the pass year. During this past year my family and I have faced a number of challenges and I know that each challenge is a test and that G-D has given us the tools to pass each challenge and test. .
However as we learn from the laws regarding Yom Kippur and repentance we have to make the effort and take the steps needed. Therefore not only to I sit here and reflect but I respond as well.
I respond with a Thank You first and foremost to G-D for his daily blessings and for all that I have and secondly to my family and friends. I have a loving family, a loving wife who has stood by me during each challenge two beautiful girls who never cease to amaze me on how caring and dedicated they are. I have an  amazing extended family and friends who at times believed more in me than I did.
As I look towards the coming year and hope and pray for a year of health, peace, happiness, and prosperity I know I need to make and effort as well. While I find myself in uncharted waters right  now I know that I will be given the tools and ability to navigate these new waters. To that end I have begun a new venture into consulting with the formation of  Star Educational Consulting

I hope and pray daily that in the coming year I will be a better person, husband, father, and friend.
May this new year be one of peace ,health, happiness and prosperity to all

Akevy

No comments:

Post a Comment