Sharing ideas on Education, Leadership and Life



Sunday, September 7, 2014

Life Skills

Today, most people will tell you that no longer are just raw knowledge enough. I think it was the head of Google who said that no longer is class ranking and GPA a good measure of someone who will be successful in the workforce today.

The term 21st Century Skills has been used to describe this shift and these new skills 
While I agree with the importance of this shift away from just raw knowledge and facts I don't like the term 21st Century Skills.  We are more than half way through 2014 and we are almost two decades into the 21st century. I would rather call these skills, life skills. 

What are these life skills ?
Here is my list

* Creativity
* Critical Thinking 
* Communication 
* Collaboration 
* Innovation 
* Questioning 
* Risk Taking
* Learning from Mistakes
* Having a Growth Mindset 

I would love to hear your thoughts on the life skills we need to  instill in our students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment