The name of my blog is Views of a Lifelong Learner. Well what is it to be lifelong learner? Today I came across the following article.
"Six Ways to Be a Lifelong Learner " Here are the six points the author makes
- Read daily.
- Seek out experts
- Make connections
- Turn off the TV
- Find the time.
- Invest in yourself
I highly recommend reading the entire article as the author expands on each of the six points.
I will like to add my own and in some cases agree with the ones listed above with my own commentary.
- YES! READ READ and READ One needs to be current on the latest trend in what ever field they are in and they need to be gaining more knowledge all the time. Imagine if the skill set you are using now was the same one you used in high school.
- Develop a PLN - This is similar to the second and third points above. No one person can know it all and they need to rely on others for help. Why reinvent the wheel when you don't have to. It says in "Ethics of Our Fathers"; "who is truly wise, one who is willing to learn from anyone
- Related to number two is that we need to try new things and take risks. We don't know everything and the only way we can learn is by trial and error.
- Be willing to adapt to change. To learn means to grow and change and we need to willing to embrace that.
- Be a lifelong learner is journey it never ends. It is the ultimate marathon. So you need to ready for the long haul.