Sharing ideas on Education, Leadership and Life



Monday, August 25, 2014

Going Back Not Looking Back

I just got home after spending the weekend in Memphis. Everyone asked me how was it going back. My typical answer was it was nice but at times felt strange. 
I blogged before that one doesn't look back and I am not looking back but at times going back can be helpful. During this trip  I reconnected with friends and students and honestly it felt good to hear how much of  an impact I had and how things were different after I left. I say this not to stroke  my ego but I think it is important to reflect at times on the past since often we get caught up in the present and may loose sight of the good things that have happened to us. 

I am going to keep this short as I have spent 14 of the last 28 hours in a car driving. 

Bottom line is at times Going Back and reconnecting with out roots, our friends, and our past accomplishments can help motivate us to move forward. So while looking back and regretting is not healthy or advised but Going Back sometimes helps us Go Forward 

No comments:

Post a Comment