Sharing ideas on Education, Leadership and Life



Thursday, August 7, 2014

READING IS THE KEY

Picture taken from my Kindle app on my iPad 

Growing up I remember there was a program called R.I.F. RIF stood or Reading is Fundamental. I truly believe that reading is one of the fundamental things that we need to do as educators and instill in our students I recently saw a tweet by    Shaelynn Farnsworth    that said that we should put the book that we are reading into our profile. I think it’s a great idea to model what we are learning I haven’t done it yet but I still think it's  a great idea. 
Today I was looking over my twitter feed and found the following tweet:
 Retweeted by Akevy Greenblatt
It is powerful when students see the adults as learner. Way to model @frankisibberson #ileohio @I
T
o which I replied:   Akevy Greenblatt 
@HennesGreg @frankisibberson @ILEOhio I think one of the keys to being a great educator is being a lifelong learner



Therefore I think to sum it up we need to be lifelong learners, and model that to our students and one of the best ways I can think of it to model reading

Here is a  picture from my Kindle on my iPad 


No comments:

Post a Comment